Monday, March 25, 2024

Delayed Answers to Prayer

 

By Andrea Merrell

 

I prayed and prayed … and prayed.


No answer ... at least none that I could see.


Was God not listening? Was He upset with me? Had He abandoned me?


I felt complete and utter rejection.


Yet deep in my heart I knew I had prayed according to God’s Word. I believed. I had faith that He would do what He said He would do. I looked back on so many answered prayers and knew God had not changed. He was, is, and always will be a man of His Word.


Yet in the natural, nothing changed.


Someone said to me, “Don’t forget; one day is the same as a thousand years to the Lord.” Not exactly what I wanted to hear. I didn’t want to wait a thousand years to get my prayer answered.


Then Holy Spirit went to work in my heart, reminding me that God’s timetable is not only different from mine but perfect. His ways and thoughts are so much higher than mine. He is constantly working behind the scenes even when I can’t see or feel it. His promises are true. They are yes and amen.


If you’ve prayed and prayed about something without seeing results, don’t give up. Your prayer might seem delayed, but know that God is concerned with everything that concerns you. He knows the end from the beginning and everything in between. And He’s always working on your behalf.


My answer came. Your answer might be on the horizon and turn out far better than you ever imagined. Mine did.


Photo courtesy of Molnar Belint on Unsplash.

 

 

1 comment: