Friday, August 30, 2013

Candy Crush-itis

How do you know you’re an addict? When you stare at a screen waiting for your “lives” to refill … when you get stuck on a level for more than a couple of days and Google it to find out how to win … when you pay ninety-nine cents every time you need to move to the next level … and especially when you strategize moves in your sleep. Someone posted on FB that they hate the words, “Clear all the jellies.” 

I don’t like the words, “Bring all the ingredients to the bottom.” If you don’t have the faintest idea what I’m talking about, you haven’t been bitten by the Candy Crush bug. If you can totally relate, then you officially have Candy Crush-itis. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. It’s a lot of fun, but lately it has consumed way too much of my time—valuable time that should be spent doing something productive. The problem is, when I’m not doing the Crush-thing, I’m tempted to play Words with Friends, Gems with Friends, Mah Jong, or something else equally addictive. 

Maybe I’m feeling a little guilty/convicted about my obsession with these games and wondering how much I could accomplish by taking that time to write, clean house, or spend time with the Lord. Not that games are a bad thing, mind you, but as they say: “All things in moderation.” Everyone needs a hobby or a stress reducer, right? So, I’m confessing my addiction and promising myself to do better. How about you? Oh, by the way, I’m stuck on level 71 if you have any tips. :) PS Can anyone tell my why Blogger won't let me space between paragraphs?

3 comments:

  1. I have a small "addiction" to it, LOL. I have never been much of a gamer but I can totally understand the mind battle of time used wisely. I have been thinking a lot about this lately. It can definitely be hard to figure out how to use time wisely. With so many voices of needs yelling at you all day (the laundry, kids, work, spouse). Thankful that God doesn't yell at me but just gently tugs at me to come & rest in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely have a a crush addiction. I do not play it at home much but it sure helps pass the time at work. I've been stuck on 79 for a week now it's driving me crazy. I hate to admit it but I've had candy crush dreams.

    Billy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was addicted for sure. I haven't played in two weeks. I was stuck on 102 and decided to take a break. Not sure if I will go back. I tried some of the levels at least 50 times which was time consuming. Loved your message. Many can relate to it.

    ReplyDelete