Monday, May 8, 2023

There’s No Such Thing as a Problem-Free Life

 

By Andrea Merrell

In this godless world you will continue to experience difficulties.

But take heart! I’ve conquered the world.

John 16:33 MSG

 

As I sat quietly one morning, I found myself dwelling on recent circumstances that threatened to take me down. Steal my peace. Rob me of my joy. “It seems it’s always something, Lord,” I complained. “I get over one problem, then here comes another. When do I get a break?”

I’m sure the Lord was smiling as I opened Jesus Calling and read that day’s devotion by Sarah Young:

Do not long for the absence of problems in your life. That is an unrealistic goal since in this world you will have trouble … Begin each day anticipating problems, asking Me to equip you for whatever difficulties you will encounter. The best equipping is My living Presence, My hand that never lets go of yours. Discuss everything with Me. Take a lighthearted view of trouble, seeing it as a challenge that you and I together can handle. ~Jesus

I had to smile too. Busted. Again. Longing for something never promised to me in this fallen world and forgetting that God is always with me, holding my hand and walking me through the fire. Giving me a chance to use my faith, without which it is impossible to please Him. And reminding me that each trial I face produces patience and spiritual growth.

Remember, there’s no such thing as a problem-free life on this earth, but one day it will be our reality for all eternity.

Are you ready for eternity?


Photo by Dmitrii Ko on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment