Monday, January 9, 2023

Stop Worrying About the Future

 

By Andrea Merrell

Refuse to worry about tomorrow.

Matthew 6:34 TPT


It’s a bad habit I’m having a hard time breaking. Instead of focusing on one day at a time, I find myself constantly thinking (and worrying) about tomorrow and all that could go wrong.


What if our savings account runs out?

What if my health fails?

What if I lose my husband?

What will happen to my grandchildren? 

What if …



Those are subjects the Enemy wants us to dwell on so we will live in fearful trepidation of what lies ahead. But in Jesus Calling, Sarah Young writes:


Sit quietly with Me, letting all your fears and worries bubble up to the surface of your consciousness. There, in the Light of My Presence, the bubbles pop and disappear. However, some fears surface over and over again, especially fear of the future. You tend to project yourself mentally into the next day, week, month, year, decade, and you visualize yourself coping badly in those times. What you are seeing is a false image because it doesn’t include Me. Those gloomy times that you  imagine will not come to pass since My Presence will be with you at all times.


When a false-oriented worry assails you, capture it and disarm it by suffusing the Light of My Presence into that mental image. Say to yourself, “Jesus will be with me then and there. With His help I can cope.” Then come home to the present moment where you an enjoy peace in My presence. ~ Jesus


When we belong to Jesus, our future is in His hands. That’s good news because we don’t have to worry about it.


Are you trusting Him for all your tomorrows?


Photo by Kayla Koss on Unsplash


TWEETABLE

When we belong to Jesus, our future is in His hands. That’s good news because we don’t have to worry about it. via @AndreaMerrell (Click to tweet.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment