Monday, August 30, 2021

You Are Not Worthless

 By Andrea Merrell


You’re worthless.

I heard those words so many times growing up that I believed them. They affected my confidence, my self-esteem, and my relationship with others. I became a people-pleaser who tried hard but never measured up to the standards and expectations of others—at least in my own mind.

But everything changed for me when I found out what God’s Word says and what He thinks about me. It can change for you too.

If anyone has ever made you feel worthless, listen to what God says about you:

  • You are loved with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 31:3)
  • You have been bought with a price. (1 Corinthians 6:20)
  • You are a joint-heir with Jesus. (Romans 8:17)
  • You have been adopted into God’s family. (Ephesians 1:5)
  • You are seated in heavenly places with Christ. (Ephesians 2:6)
  • You are redeemed. (Galatians 3:13)
  • You have been set free. (John 8:36)
  • You are the righteousness of God in Christ. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
  • You are accepted in the Beloved. (Ephesians 1:6)
  • You are forgiven. (Colossians 1:14)
  • You are chosen. (1 Peter 2:9)
  • You are the praise of His glory. (Ephesians 1:12)

God’s agape love sees us as a treasure. A person of great worth. And that’s the way He wants us to see ourselves. The good news is His opinion is the only one that counts.

So rejoice, my friend. You are a beloved child of the living God. You are priceless.

 

 Photo by Miguel Bruna on Unsplash


TWEETABLE

God’s agape love sees His children as a treasure, people of great worth. And His opinion is the only one that counts. via @Andrea Merrell (Click to tweet.)


To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.

1 comment: