Sunday, March 14, 2021

The Place of Rest

 By Andrea Merrell

 

Rest in the Lordand wait patiently for Him.

Psalm 37:7 NKJV

 

Do you have trouble resting? Really resting? Turning off your anxious thoughts and escaping from the cares of the world?

 

I sure do. Sometimes no matter how hard I try, I can’t find that place of rest. This is especially true when my day is full of tasks and challenges, and I begin the day like a runner poised at the starting line, waiting for the signal.

 

The Bible has a lot to say about the subject. Even Jesus took time to rest. To take a break. To clear His mind and stay connected to His Father. And He invites us into that same place of rest.

 

Come to me. Get away with me, and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me, and you’ll learn to live lightly and freely. (Matthew11:28-30 MSG)

 

True rest is found only in Him, in His presence. Allowing Him to take charge of our days. Casting all our cares on Him. Keeping our mind and heart focused on Him. And by maintaining a grateful heart.

 

Spend time with Jesus. He is waiting to lead you into the place of divine rest.

 

(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)


TWEETABLE

True rest is found only in the presence of Jesus. There you will experience the unforced rhythms of grace. via @AndreaMerrell (Click to tweet.)


To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment