Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Are You Plugged In?

By Andrea Merrell

I am the vine; you are the branches.
If you remain in me and I in you,
you will bear much fruit; 
apart from me you can do nothing. 
John 15:5 NIV

I pushed all the buttons and fiddled with the knobs, and … nothing. The toaster was obviously not working.
 
Then I happened to glance at the cord. Whoops. Not plugged in. Duh!

I laughed at my blunder but couldn’t help but think about all the times when things weren’t going right in my life. Times when I struggled to make it through a day or control my attitude toward someone who had offended me. Times when my prayers seemed to bounce off the ceiling, and I wondered why God wasn’t listening.

Jesus tells us He is the vine, we are the branches. If we want to bear fruit, we must be firmly attached to the vine. Otherwise, there's no life, no fruit. We can do nothing apart from the power that is in the vine, but we can do everything through Christ, who gives (us) strength (Philippians 4:13 NLT).

Without Him I am nothing. Without Him I can do nothing. But when I’m plugged in to the source, I can do anything and everything He asks me to do.

What about you. Are you plugged in to the source?

(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net/atibodyphoto.)

TWEETABLE

To read in browser, click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment