Monday, May 20, 2024

God’s Presence Changes Everything

 

By Andrea Merrell

 

Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away

and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence

without a single fault. Jude 1:24 NLT

 

Everything good in my life seemed to be unraveling right before my eyes. Problems loomed before me with no possible solution. I lost my peace and my joy as I headed straight for the pit of depression. I felt separated from God and completely devoid of hope.

Then I remembered someone once asking me, “How long has it been since you spent time in God’s presence?”

That simple question was exactly what I needed. After seeking forgiveness for taking my eyes off what (or rather who) should have been my main focus and putting them squarely on my problems, I spent the time I so desperately needed in His holy presence.

The result? I walked away forgiven. Cleansed. Refreshed. He restored my peace and my joy. He renewed my hope. He set my feet back on the right path and kept me pointed in the right direction. Everything changed.

Sometimes we hesitate to run to God when life spirals out of control because we feel guilty for letting Him down. Maybe He won’t understand. Or maybe He won’t love us as much. But as Sarah Young says, “Rejoice in the One who understands you completely and loves you perfectly.”

Don’t let circumstances take you down. Keep your focus on the Lord and not what’s going on around you. Spend time in His presence. It truly changes everything.


Photo by Ben White on Unsplash

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment