Monday, November 20, 2023

One Size Does Not Fit All

 

By Andrea Merrell


I am the way, the truth, and the life.

No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:6 NKJV

 

I pulled the hanger from the rack and examined the dress. Perfect. Then I looked at the tag to make sure I had the right size. The tag read, One Size Fits All.


All? Seriously? All of whom?


Just for grins, I tried on the dress. If I had been about thirty pounds heavier and two feet taller, I could have made it work. Too bad. Back on the rack.


God is a God of diversity. Just look around. Even in a small group of people, you will find different heights, weights, and shoe sizes. Unique individuals with varying tastes when it comes to colors, music, and entertainment. Some enjoy country life while others thrive in the big city. Some adventurous souls travel the country while others prefer to be homebodies. As they say, to each his own.


In the grand scheme of everyday living, one size does not fit all.


Not so when it comes to gaining access to God’s kingdom and becoming part of His family. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” In all our diversity, there is only one way to heaven, and that is through Jesus Christ. When we accept Him as Lord and Savior, He gives us everything we need—salvation, healing, strength, peace, love, joy, wisdom, and eternal life with Him.


One-stop shopping. No need to look elsewhere. In this case, one size fits all.


Photo by patricia serna on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment