Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Are You Ready for a Workout?

 

By Andrea Merrell


Following a recent back surgery, I was not referred to physical therapy or rehab. My only instructions were ... WALK!

Now, I enjoy walking, but between a hilly yard and road, the only flat surface anywhere close to my house is my driveway. When I first came home from the hospital, I pushed my little walker up and down the driveway. After a while I graduated to a cane. It was slow-going, not much fun, and definitely a workout. But if I wanted to heal and regain my flexibility, I needed to follow the doctor’s instructions.

It’s the same in my relationship with the Lord. If I want to be spiritually healthy and live the life I was created to live, I must follow the Great Physician’s instructions.

This Christian life is a journey, and we are instructed to walk:

  • In the Spirit (Romans 8:1 and Galatians 5:16)
  • In love (Ephesians 5:1)
  • By faith (2 Corinthians 5:7)
  • In unity (Ephesians 4:1)
  • In the light (Ephesians 5:8 and 1 John 1:7)
  • In wisdom (Ephesians 5:15 and Colossians 4:5)
  • In peace (Isaiah 57:2)
  • Uprightly (Psalm 15:2)
  • In integrity (Psalm 26:1)
  • In truth (Psalm 26:3 and 3 John 1:4)
  • In the fear of the Lord (Acts 9:31)
  • In newness of life (Romans 6:4)
  • With those who are wise (Proverbs 13:20)
  • Blamelessly (Proverbs 28:18)
  • In all His ways (Deuteronomy 10:12)
  • According to His commandments (2 John 1:6)

That’s quite a workout, but the benefits are totally worth it.

Are you ready for the challenge?


Photo by Dave Goudreau on Unsplash

 

2 comments: