Monday, November 7, 2022

Keep Your Mind in Gear

 

By Andrea Merrell

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you,
all whose thoughts are fixed on you!

Isaiah 26:3 NLT

 

I stepped on the gas. Nothing. The car didn’t move.

My mind immediately went into problem-solving mode. Oh, no. What’s wrong with my car? What can I do? Who can I call?


That’s when I looked down.


Car in neutral.


Not in gear.


Problem solved.


The same thing happens when my mind slips into neutral. Thoughts whiz through my mind like bullets at a shooting range. Those random thoughts tend to create worry, anxiety, and stress. My peace disappears.


The only way to correct this problem is to shift my mind out of neutral and into gear by turning my full attention back to the Lord and submitting all my thoughts to Him.


When we trust in Him and keep our thoughts firmly fixed on Him, He promises to keep us in perfect peace. His peace. The peace that goes far beyond human comprehension.


I need that peace. How about you?



Photo by Syed Ali on Unsplash


TWEETABLE

When we trust in the Lord and keep our thoughts firmly fixed on Him, He promises to keep us in perfect peace. via @AndreaMerrell (Click to tweet.)

2 comments:

  1. Such a great reminder. Thanks Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Sheryl. Thank you for your encouragement and support. :)

      Delete