Monday, August 15, 2022

Our True Home

 

By Andrea Merrell


As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, 

O God. I thirst for God, the living God. 

When can I go and stand before him?

Psalm 43:1-2 NLT


As the saying goes, Be it ever so humble …


We all know the rest, but while some relish the fact that there’s no place like home, there are others who would rather be any place but. Home should be a place of safety, acceptance, and love. Unfortunately for many, it has become a place of abuse, neglect, and abandonment.


Home is defined as a dwelling. The place where one resides. Some say home is where the heart is. The place we long for. The place where we feel safe, accepted, and loved. The place we belong.


But where do we really belong? In Jesus Calling, Sarah Young writes:

Seek my face, and you will find all that you have longed for. The deepest yearnings of your heart are for intimacy with Me. I know because I designed you to desire me… I made you in my image, and I hid heaven in your heart. Your yearning for me is a form of homesickness, longing for your true home in heaven. ~Jesus


Wherever you make your home here on this earth, never forget as a child of God that your future, eternal dwelling place is in heaven where you are fully safe, accepted, and loved.


That’s our true home.


(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)


TWEETABLE

Wherever you make your home here on this earth, never forget as a child of God that your future, eternal dwelling place is in heaven where you are fully safe, accepted, and loved. via @AndreaMerrell (Click to tweet.)


To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment