Monday, April 25, 2022

The Best Tutor

 By Andrea Merrell


But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father 

will send in My name, He will teach you all things, 

and bring to your remembrance 

all things that I said to you.

John 14:26 NKJV


I faced the task with dread. It required a learning curve I had neither the time or patience to tackle.


As a visual, hands-on learner, I generally need a tutor. Someone to walk me through the process. On this particular day I had no one—or so I thought.


I prayed first. Well, it might have been more like whining and complaining. To my surprise, the process was quick and smooth. The Lord whispered to me, We’ve got this. 


The Bible says, But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things.  The Amplified version calls Him the Comforter, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and Standby. Author Sarah Young calls Him our "resident tutor."


The Holy Spirit has come to guide us into all truth (John 16:13). He is always ready to assist us no matter what the need happens to be. All we have to do is ask. The best part is no request is too big or too small.


The next time you need help, pray. Ask the Holy Spirit for guidance. He’s the best tutor you’ll ever have.


(Photo courtesy of Free Digital Photos.net and Simon Howden.)


TWEETABLE

Need help? The Holy Spirit is the best tutor you’ll ever have. via @AndreaMerrell (Click to tweet.)


To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment