Monday, April 11, 2022

Don't Point a Finger

 

By Andrea Merrell


Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, 

that ye may be healed.

James 5:16 KJV

 

“The Devil made me do it!”


It was funny when comedian Flip Wilson first said it on TV many years ago. Unfortunately, too many people adopted the saying as a copout.


My husband made me do it …


My friend caused me to …


If it weren’t for my kids I’d …


It’s called the blame game, and we’ve become really good at it. We blame our boss, the government, and the next door neighbor. Even the mailman.


Why is it so hard to accept responsibility for our own actions? To admit when we’re wrong?


One writer says we point a finger at anyone we can to keep the focus off of us. But blaming others will never set things right for us. When we are able to humbly accept responsibility and stop shifting the blame, it’s a sign of character, integrity, and maturity.


It’s said that confession is good for the soul. The Bible says when we confess our faults and pray for each other, we will be healed.


That’s good advice, so let’s stop pointing fingers.


(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and imagerymajestic.)


TWEETABLE

Time to stop pointing fingers and playing the blame game. via @AndreaMerrell (Click to tweet.)


To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment