Monday, February 25, 2019

Are We Sleepwalking Through Life?


By Andrea Merrell

 
I have come that they may have life,
and that they may have it more abundantly.
John 10:10 NKJV


I’m such a creature of habit, I can easily find myself going through my daily routine without thought.

I do every task in a certain order. It’s ingrained, like getting into a car. Most of us don’t sit there and wonder what we should do first. We automatically turn on the engine, buckle our seat belt, make any minor adjustments that need to be made … and off we go. It’s habit.

But even though I like things orderly, consistent, and predictable (yes, I can hear some of you saying “how boring” 😊), I’ve found that my routine can become a bit mundane. A bit like a hamster running in circles. Sometimes I have to step outside my comfort zone and try new experiences. Do things in a different order. Shake things up a bit.

Having a routine is not bad or wrong, but when we default to habitual responses, we might find ourselves sleepwalking through life. Even our spiritual life.

God sends His Spirit to live inside every believer. He wants us to be constantly aware of His presence. He wants us to talk to Him about everything. Seek His advice. Consult Him about decisions, no matter how small and insignificant they may seem. He wants to be involved in every moment of our lives. He wants to fill us with His joy.

When we walk with Him, our days will never be boring or mundane. He will lead us on paths of adventure and reveal things to us that will thrill us, instruct us, and cause us to have a greater awareness of His plan and purpose. That’s what the abundant life is all about.

The Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail (Isaiah 58:11 NKJV).

If you feel like you're sleepwalking through your days, leave the old life behind. Take God's hand, and let Him take you on all the exciting adventures He has in store for you. Experience a brand new life in Christ.

That's the best way to spend our days.


(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net, Stuart Miles, and mrpuen.)


TWEETABLE


 


No comments:

Post a Comment