Monday, December 31, 2018

Move Out of Your Comfort Zone in 2019


By Andrea Merrell

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

I’ll have to admit, I’m not very adventurous. I like to play it safe, staying well inside my comfort zone. But one morning during my quiet time with the Lord, I was reading my daily devotional from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and it addressed this very subject.
Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief. Your longing to live close to me is at odds with your attempt to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe.
Going out on that proverbial limb can be scary but as Sarah Young so aptly puts it, if that’s where God is leading, it’s the “safest place to be.”
Everyone has that dreaded fear of the unknown to some degree. Some push past it easily and take the plunge, while those of us who want to know exactly what’s ahead tend to hold back and wait for a clear signal.
I can tell you that the times I’ve moved out of my comfort zone and taken that leap of faith, God has been right there, holding my hand and guiding my steps. There is no greater satisfaction or fulfillment than to be obedient and walk in our calling.
So, my question for you as we enter this New Year is are you ready to move out of your comfort zone? Are you willing to move forward in 2019 and do those things you’ve been shying away from? Maybe you want to try a new sport, take a class at a local college, or learn a new language. Perhaps you have a desire to write a book, take voice lessons, or try out for a part in your local theater. Whether it’s a matter of changing your hair color or changing your career, if God’s put it in your heart, go for it.
Wishing you and your family a blessed and prosperous New Year.

(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)

TWEETABLE

To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment