Monday, September 10, 2018

Hide Heaven in Your Heart


By Andrea Merrell

 
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Matthew 6:21 KJV


One week into our three-week vacation, my husband said, “I think I’m homesick already.”


A break from the norm is something we all need from time to time. But no matter where we go, deep inside we still yearn for the familiar. For the comfortable. For home.

Dorothy said, “There’s no place like home; there’s no place like home.” After her trip to the amazing Land of Oz, she realized how much she missed the simple comforts of her ordinary life and the people she loved.

Some say home is where the heart is. That begs the question, where is our heart? The Bible tells us that as God’s children, we are seated in heavenly places with Christ, and we are to set our affections on things above. Jesus said He is preparing a place for us. Our final destination. Our heavenly home. That’s where our heart should be.

In Jesus Calling, Sarah Young writes:

I made you in my image, and I hid heaven in your heart. Your yearning for me is a form of homesickness, longing for your time in heaven. ~Jesus

As much as I love the comfort and familiarity of where I reside, it cannot begin to compare with the glory that awaits me. This world is not my true home.

Whether your earthly home is a safe haven or place of turmoil, know that this existence, this earthly life, is temporary. We are only passing through.

Look to Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith. He has hidden heaven in your heart.

(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)

TWEETABLE


To read in browser or leave a comment, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment