Monday, January 1, 2018

Welcome to a New Year

By Andrea Merrell

No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,
but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past
and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach
the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize
for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.
Philippians 3:13-14


It’s been a rough year. Between several months of sickness, an eye surgery with weeks of recovery, radiation for my husband, and serious family issues, 2017 is not a time I will remember with fondness.

Can you relate? Maybe this has not been your best year. Perhaps you’re looking forward to a fresh start in 2018.

The apostle Paul wrote these words: But I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead … If anyone had reason to complain, it was Paul. He was beaten, stoned, shipwrecked, robbed, thrown into prison, and rejected by his own countrymen.

And we think we have problems …

The truth is we can dwell on the past and the problems we endured, or put it all behind us and look forward to what God has in store for us. We’re all familiar with Jeremiah 29:11, but I love the way the Message puts it: I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

As this New Year unfolds, make your relationship with God your number one priority. Don’t dwell on the past, but look forward to the future. God’s promises are many and with Him, your best days are always ahead.

Wishing you a bright, healthy, prosperous, and Jesus-filled New Year!


(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)

TWEETABLE


To read in browser, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment