Monday, May 2, 2016

Thou Shalt Not Be Stupid

By Andrea Merrell

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God,
and he will give it to you.
He will not rebuke you for asking.
James 1:5 NLT

Someone made the comment recently, “Thou shalt not be stupid.” No, it’s not one of the Ten Commandments, but maybe it should be.

We’ve all made mistakes. I’ve certainly made more than my share. Impulsive behavior, selfishness, confusion, and lack of godly counsel can lead to some pretty severe mishaps. We can spend all our time cleaning up our messes and trying to put out the fires we start with our tongue and our actions.

What’s the answer? God tells us if we need wisdom, all we have to do is ask. He is our Shepherd, and He has promised to lead, guide, and protect—as long as we’re willing to hear His voice and follow Him.

God’s ways are perfect. Ours, not so much. I’ve learned that when I need answers and direction, I must ask for His help. I must be obedient and not give in to my own misguided thinking. When I do things His way, the results are always better.

The next time you find yourself tempted to go the wrong direction, remind yourself: Thou shalt not be stupid.

(Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net/Stuart Miles/stockimages.)

TWEETABLE

To read in browser, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment