Monday, April 10, 2017

Never Give Up on God's Promises

By Andrea Merrell

for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Galatians 6:9 KJV

My orchid had two blooms on it when it was given to me as a gift. When the blooms died, a single bare stick remained. My daughter-in-law told me
to keep watering it, and it would eventually bloom again.

Every week, I watered the orchid, along with my other plants. Anyone in my family can tell you that neither of my thumbs are “green,” and I certainly don’t know a thing about orchids. But I was determined to keep this plant alive. The leaves at the bottom remained green and healthy for over two years, but there were no other signs of life. I had just about given up hope.

Then one day, four little nodules appeared on a new stem that was slightly bent over. I cut off the old stem and propped the new one up in place of the old. Every day, I watched with anticipation as the buds opened and new blooms appeared in all their glory.

Galatians tells us not to become weary in well doing. That’s hard to do when we’ve waited so long for something—healing, prodigals to come home, loved ones to be saved, or finances to come when we need them most. But Galatians goes on to say that in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. That means there’s always hope, especially when we’re trusting God and praying according to His Word, which is His will.

I have received my healing more times than I can count. My husband and I waited for over five years, but both our prodigals came home and back to the Lord. Loved ones have received Christ, and finances have always come into our hand when we needed them most.

Just like I didn’t give up on my little orchid, I must never give up on the promises of God. They are yes and amen.

How about you? What are you believing for?

TWEETABLES


To read in browser, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment