Monday, December 19, 2016

Wishing You a Jesus-Filled Christmas

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and 
sharing my posts over the past couple of years.

By Andrea Merrell

This past weekend, I had the extreme displeasure of watching in amazement as a customer verbally slammed an employee at a local drug store. The man was very angry, very loud, and very much out of line.

After the man stormed off in a huff, I wanted to hug the employee for being such a good sport and handling herself so well. I apologized for the man's behavior and she said, "Oh, do you know him?"

I laughed and said, "No, but if I did, I probably wouldn't admit it."

Hopefully, the man was having a bad day and this was not his usual frame of mind. The woman assured me she had been through this with customers before and, since we were only a week away from Christmas, it would surely happen again. How sad to expect this kind of treatment during such a special time of year.

I silently prayed for both upon leaving the store and vowed to be extra kind to everyone I came in contact with, especially those working in retail. As Christians, we should always let our light shine, but so much more during the holidays as we strive to point others to Him. 

Christmas is so much more than shopping, baking, parties, lights, and decorations. May we never forget the real reason for the season.

As you enjoy this wonderful time of year, I would like to wish you a Jesus-filled Christmas as you celebrate with family and friends.

Christmas blessings to you and yours.


TWEETABLE
Merry CHRISTmas! Never forget the real reason for the season. via @Andrea Merrell (Click to Tweet.)

To view in browser, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment