Saturday, November 19, 2016

Pray About Everything

By Andrea Merrell

Casting all your cares [all your anxieties,
all your worries, and all your concerns,
once and for all] on Him, for He cares about you
[with deepest affection, and watches over you 
very carefully].
1 Peter 5:7 AMP

“That’s stupid. I would never bother God with something so trivial.”

As my friend said the words, she looked at me in a way that clearly told me she thought I had lost my mind.


The conversation took place a long time ago but has stayed with me all these years. Did it change my perspective on prayer or stop me from going to God with my needs? Absolutely not. If anything, it caused me to take a closer look at Scripture to get God’s perspective on the subject.

What I’ve learned is that God is concerned about everything that concerns me—big or small—and He invites me to cast all my care on Him. Philippians 4:6 instructs me not to worry about anything, but to pray about everything. God also promises in Psalm 138:8 to perfect everything that concerns me. To me, that means He wants to be involved in the fine print of my life as well as the headlines.

Because I know He loves me and wants to lead, guide, and direct my steps, I will continue to pray about all the major events in my life, but I will also pray about parking spaces, bad hair days, and the weather. I will seek His guidance on things like moving furniture, buying gifts, and what color to paint the walls.

God is sovereign. He is eternal. He is the mighty One, Creator of heaven and earth. He is the great I AM. But he is also intimately acquainted with us as His children and wants to be our best and closest friend. When we invite Him in, He promises to be with us always, so why shouldn’t we talk to Him about all things, great and small?

And when you pray ... don't forget to be thankful.

Wishing you and your family a blessed and happy Thanksgiving holiday!

(Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)

TWEETABLES



To read in browser, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment