Monday, April 17, 2017

You Can't Get There From Here

By Andrea Merrell

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. 
No one comes to the Father except through me.”
John 14:6 NIV

It’s hard to admit, but I’m directionally challenged. Sometimes, my brain goes tilt when trying to figure out how to get from point A to point B. It’s like the old farmer giving directions to a city slicker whose never been to the country: “Well, sir, you just can’t get there from here.”

That’s the way I feel sometimes.

My husband is just the opposite. No matter where we go, he has this uncanny sense of direction. While I have to depend on my GPS, he never seems to get lost or even go in the wrong direction.

In a lot of cases, there are many ways to get to a destination. I tend to always go the same way, not straying far from my comfort zone. My husband, on the other hand, will go a different route each time. We still end up in the same place.

Not so with heaven. If someone asks directions, there’s only one route available, and that route is Jesus Christ. He is the only way possible to get to our destination. While some say there are many roads and paths to heaven, Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The next time someone tells you they’re headed to heaven because they’re a “good person” or because they go to church and sing in the choir, you might want to tell them, “You can’t get there from here.”

As Jesus said, So don’t be surprised when I say, “You must be born again” (John 3:7 NLT).

(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net/jk1991.)


TWEETABLE


To read in browser, click here.









No comments:

Post a Comment