Tuesday, February 28, 2017

First Things First

By Andrea Merrell

Let all things be done decently and in order.
1 Corinthians 14:40

I am a creature of habit, especially first thing in the morning. After a quick trip to the bathroom, the next item on my list is drinking a small glass of water. Reading an article about water a few years ago alerted me to the benefits.

That little bit of water hydrates my body, takes away those initial hunger pangs, and kick-starts my system for the day ahead. Water, vitamins, eye drops, coffee … that’s my routine, my decently and in order, as the Word says. When I fail to follow my routine, my day gets out of sync.

It’s the same with my quiet time (which comes during the coffee). When my schedule gets interrupted and I fail to spend time with the Lord and do my devotional reading, my day gets off to a rough start, and it feels like I’m going backward.

As they say, first things first. Even when my day is packed and my to-do list overflows, I simply must have those few minutes with God to help me make it through the day. In fact, that’s when I need it the most.

How about you? Do you have an early-morning routine? If you’re having a hard time getting your day off to a good start, maybe it’s time to put first things first.

You won’t be sorry.

(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles.)

TWEETABLE


To read in browser, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment