Tuesday, April 24, 2018

To Do or Not To Do ... Is That Even a Question?


By Andrea Merrell


God expects us to lay our burdens at His feet. Cast all our care on Him. Give Him everything.

Everything? Okay, here goes.

Lord, I pray, I give you my all … spirit, soul, and body. All that I am, all I have, all my hopes and dreams.

Then I go away from that prayer and realize there was something important in my pocket I forgot to give Him—my to-do list.

Being a recovering perfectionist, I can definitely be a little OCD with my lists and notes. Okay, a lot OCD. But I’m learning. In the past, I would present my long laundry-list of items (that desperately needed to be checked off) to God and ask Him to help me get them done. Not a bad idea at all. It’s really difficult to accomplish something without Him, especially if I want to do it well and on time.

But lately, I’ve learned a new concept. A pastor recently said we shouldn’t get up in the morning and present our list to God, asking Him to bless it. Our best plan for the day, according to him, was to tell God good morning, then ask what He would like for us to accomplish that day. Sounds like a great plan to me. Changed my whole perspective.

While it’s true God cares about everything that concerns us, even down to the smallest detail, He is more concerned about His plan and purpose for us … what He wants to accomplish in and through us.

What I’ve learned is that my day works much better when I allow God to create and prioritize my to-do list instead of trying to invoke His blessings on my own opinion of what needs to be done.

If you’re a list-maker like me, try it. You might be surprised how well the Father will order your day and how much you will accomplish.


(Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and Stuart Miles. )

TWEETABLE


To read in browser, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment