Sunday, April 15, 2018

Relentless Love


By Andrea Merrell

The Lord is slow to anger 
and filled with unfailing love.
Numbers 14:18 NLT

Relentless. That was the only word that came to mind.

My husband and I generally avoid timeshare pitches, but this one seemed a good fit since we like to camp in our motor home. After the tour and a heavy-duty pitch, we turned down the $15,000 opportunity. Then the big boss came in and offered us the same opportunity for only $5,000. Needless to say, when we refused that offer as well, the folks at this establishment were not happy campers.

A few days later, I got an email saying another fantastic opportunity had just become available, and we could have the same package for only $1,000 plus a yearly fee. Amazing. From $15,000 down to $1,000 for the same amenities. Someone’s pocket would have been well-padded had we taken the original offer. This was months ago, and I still get an occasional email as they try to pull me in.

Relentless. Constant, incessant, persistent. Sounds like a bad thing, right? Like a drippy faucet. But it also means endless, unfailing, and unwavering—just like the love of God.

The Bible says God pursues us. He created us, formed us, gifted us, and gave us life. Thankfully, he is relentless in His pursuit. My heart is full to overflowing when I remember how God pursued me when I was determined to go my own way. That unfailing love surrounded me and wooed me back into His arms.

If you’re running from God, know that He is relentless in His pursuit of you.

 (Photo courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net and winnond.)

TWEETABLE



To read in browser, click here.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment