Saturday, May 21, 2016

Don't Retire ... Refocus

By Andrea Merrell

As the doctor “froze” the crusty place on the back of my hand, I said, “Now, if you could just remove these age spots.”

“Sorry, can’t do anything about birthdays.” Then he smiled and added, “But it’s better than the alternative, right?”

Birthdays seem to come and go so fast these days I can’t keep up. The years continue to pile up and I’m always amazed when I think about my age and that fact that I’m supposed to be retired. I’ve made the statement many times that I might be getting older, but I refuse to get old.

Age is only a number, and it does not define who we are. It’s our mindset and what’s inside that matters—spirit and soul. After all, they say you’re only as young as you feel, and you can always be young at heart. While our bodies might show wear and tear, our spirit can be renewed daily by God’s Word.

I once read that you only become old when you allow your regrets to take the place of your dreams. We’re never too advanced in years to stop moving toward our God-given purpose and destiny. We must never lose sight of the fact that God has a plan for each of us as long as we have life and breath.

Mix the enthusiasm of your youth with the wisdom and knowledge you’ve attained over the years, and share it with others. Be content with who God created you to be. Eternity awaits, but our time on this earth is precious. Let’s not waste a single moment.


When you get to the age where some people stop really living, don’t retire … refocus. Your best days are ahead.

(Photos courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net/Stuart Miles/mrpuen.)

TWEETABLES




To read in browser, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment