Monday, March 30, 2015

Beauty Out of Ashes by Andrea Merrell

To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified. 
Isaiah 61:3 NKJV


If there’s anything I’ve learned in my Christian walk, it’s that God does not waste a single thing. Whatever the enemy means for evil and destruction, God can turn around and work for good in the lives of those called according to His purpose.

The problem is the fact that we don’t see the big picture when we’re in the midst of the fiery flames of adversity. All we want is a way of escape, which God has promised in His Word (see I Corinthians 10:13).

Over eighteen years ago, both my son and daughter rebelled and dove headlong into a life of drugs and alcohol. My husband and I had done all we could to raise our children in a godly environment. We were devastated and didn’t know what to do or where to turn. What we discovered is this: even good kids rebel, and even good parents can end up with a prodigal—or in our case, two.

When I felt God nudging me to write my story, it was difficult re-living many of the events that brought fear, anger, frustration, tears, sleepless nights, and the hopelessness that tried to swallow me. The best part, however, was the healing that took place as I put pen to paper. My story has a happy ending and I’m now able to share practical advice and survival tips with others. God created beauty out of ashes in my family, and He can do the same for you.

If you or someone you love is dealing with a prodigal, my sincere desire is that Praying for the Prodigal (now available on Amazon) will give hope and encouragement to anyone traveling this dark path.

In God’s economy, nothing is wasted … even our pain.

I would love to have you join my Facebook launch party tonight (Monday, March 30th) from 7-9:00 PM. All you have to do is click on this link:
http://on.fb.me/1CneI6Y.


TWEETABLES




No comments:

Post a Comment